Here are a few important facts about acupuncture & our clinic:
- Acupuncture isn’t magic. This takes time, and multiple treatments. You may see results immediately, or it may take a while, everyone is different. When you come in we will make a specific plan for you.
- Community Acupuncture is just as effective. We place needles in people from the knees down and the elbows down. There are thousands of points on the body, and these points are powerful and easy to get to with out disrobing. While it may not be what you have seen on TV, it is equally effective for treating pain, discomfort and disease anywhere in the body.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing to your appointments. Chances are you will be rolling up pant legs and sleeves.
- Eat something before coming in. Acupuncture can drop your blood sugar and make you hungry.
- Drink MORE water. If you don’t drink enough water you can be more uncomfortable the next day after a treatment. Adequate hydration is one of the best and easiest ways to deal with pain. When in doubt – drink more water.
- Turn off your cellphone before coming in. It is hard to nap when a phone rings!
- Be on time (and that means showing up 10 minutes early every time). We run a tight ship around here – it is because of this that we are able to offer such great rates. If you know you tend to run late, you are welcome to just walk in. Chances are we will be able to accommodate you.
- Talk to us. We have a wealth of information about other resources in the community, and we are happy to help you find what you need. If you are having difficulty making it in for your treatments, let us know, and we can come up with a plan to prevent you from losing as much progress.
- Talk ABOUT us. Our clinic functions because our patients talk about us. With out word of mouth we would not exist. So if you are comfortable doing so, we are deeply appreciative of referrals.